Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be Careful Biking...Or You'll End Up Elsewhere

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin






Over spring break, I read Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. I was intrigued by the snow globe on the front, yet I wasn't sure if I wanted to read about a girl's life after death. However, the character, the intriguing conflict, and the readable writing style drew me in. The premise is original and refreshing. Imagine being Liz, a 15 year old girl who woke up on the S.S. Nile and must start a new life...Elsewhere. If you liked The Confessions of Max Tivoli or Benjamin Button, read this.


Now I want to read another one of her books, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac!

Song to Read By: "The Carnival of the Animals: The Aquarium by French composer Camille Saint-Saens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsD0FDLOKGA 

1 comment:

  1. I've read both of them - Elsewhere and Memoirs. I found them enjoyable but not keepers, so I've passed them onto friends.

    ReplyDelete