Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cinna, Will You Please Design My Wedding Dress?

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins




Review: Katniss suppresses her Hunger Games memories, but she grows as she realizes the power she can wield and her responsibilities to the people in the districts. Like when she looks into the eyes of Rue's family (I admit, tears again). 

MORE GALE PLEASE. I'm glad Peeta's artistic now, that gives him some dimension, but I want more of the mysterious Gale. That's why I started reading the book. I thought he'd be in the forefront and Peeta would recede.

Catching Fire explores the formation of revolutionaries, like the film the Motorcycle Diaries explores the pre-Che Ernesto Guevara.

Song to read by: "Fiery Crash" by Andrew Bird

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NP7-jX8tv8

2 comments:

  1. My favorite series! I am a fellow member from New Books for New Bloggers stopping by to say Hi!

    Angie

    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I am so obsessed with this series now too!

    ReplyDelete