Sunday, June 5, 2011

Through Adam's Eyes...Where She Went

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
the sequel to If I Stay





Shooting Star’s rocking the charts, but Adam’s unhappy, anxious. He’s lost the joy for music that sustained him. In New York City, he hears Mia play at Carnegie Hall. They go on a Farewell Tour of New York City. They’re both leaving on tour the next day.

This book is not about how life is supposed to be, but how it really turns out.  I enjoyed Mia’s perspective more than Adam’s, but the book was still raw with Forman’s immediate writing style. My favorite parts were the expository flashbacks. Overall, a satisfying sequel.


Songs to Read By: While reading, for some reason his band reminded me of San Diego's Augustana. Try "Either Way I'll Break Your Heart Someday":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8JRZcg9qM

No comments:

Post a Comment