Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best. Thriller. Ever. Read

Before I Go to Sleep 
By S.J. Watson




Genre: Psychological Thriller/Mystery/Adult Fiction


Review: Thrilling. Absolutely Terrifying. Completely Chilling. 


I finished this book just past midnight, nerves jittery, adrenaline rushing through my veins. Absorbing. The pages flew by. I looked up, and 40 pages had gone by.


 The book follows Christine as she begins writing in a journal in an effort to improve her memory, which had been destroyed years earlier. She has a rare form of amnesia. This book had me reflecting deeply on memory and identity. Who are we without our memories? Of friends, family, faces, everything we've learned in school?


Author's debut novel. One of the best thrillers I've ever read. 


Song to Read By: You will be so immersed in the book you wouldn't hear or notice music if you wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment