Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer Reading List Top Ten

--Henry James

I hope to be spending many summer afternoons reading!

Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading This Summer. I hope you'll read some too. Some are new releases, some I've been waiting to read.

New Books from Some of my Favorite Authors and Recommendations Gleaned from Only the Best Sources!

Here they are, in no particular order:


Her books are suspense thrillers with thoughtful characters that you want to devour in one day!


What is summer without a quintessential beach read by Elin Hilderbrand? Return to Nantucket for more beautiful descriptions and realistic emotional drama.


After enjoying Arsenault's The Broken Teaglass and In Search of the Rose Notes, I am looking forward to this novel involving a mystery embedded in a manuscript.



In the Summer Reading edition of Tin House, I discovered Holly Goddard Jones' "The Right Way to End a Story." Love her writing style and want to check out this short story collection.


An old-fashioned love story set in Nebraska. The writing style promises to be something to luxuriate in during a quiet night lounging on the front porch.



An author from Nashville writes a funny return-to-hometown story. Recommended by ParnassusBooks.Net.


Pulitzer prize nominee, this book sounds delightfully strange, a coming-of-age story set in the otherworldly locale of the Everglades.


By one of my all-time favorite authors, fiction writer and poet Michael Ondaatje writes his most autobiographical tale yet, the story of a boy and his friends, and their adventures on a ship making its way from Sri Lanka to England. Promises to be a Huck Finn on the Indian Ocean tale.


Looks to be smart chick lit, recommended to me at Powell's Books in Portland. Love in the digital age, light summer reading.


After watching the movie trailer with favorite Emma Watson, I definitely want to read what has become a YA cult classic before the movie comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment