Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to Freshmen Year

Penelope


Genre: New popular fiction/women's fiction

Review: Follow Penelope, a socially awkward freshmen, during her first year at Harvard. She is weirded out by the other students' obsessions with studying and sad excuses for parties. She is a memorable, funny character. This book has a very intimate voice with over-the-top funny stories. You will probably cringe along with Penelope as you remember the way college friendships are formed, awkward moments, and more.  A realistic yet exagerrated novel that is hilarious at times. A fast-read with great character development and dialogue.

Song to Read by: "Between the Raindrops" by Lifehouse and Natasha Beddingfield

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this book was hilarious and I am glad to see that I am not the only one that thought so! I think it takes a particular brand of humor to appreciate. I wish there were more books that take place during college or the 18-21 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan, Sorry I took forever to reply to your comment. I ended up choosing this book for my book club. I think we will have fun chatting about college stories. I think YA fiction is leaning toward adding more college age protagonists as it gets more popular among adults.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete