Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Close My Eyes

Close My Eyes
by Sophie McKenzie



Genre: Mystery

Review: This novel had an interesting premise. An unknown woman knocks on Gen’s door to tell her that her stillborn baby Beth is still alive. The novel is compelling for awhile. There were probably 100 more pages than necessary; by the end I was skimming just to find out what happened. To create a more suspenseful novel, the writing should have been tightened. Often ideas were repeated; the main characters doubts if she should trust Art, her husband, or Lorcan, a handsome stranger, were stated and restated.


Final thoughts: The novel was hailed as similar to Gone Girl, but it was not quite there. If you are desperate for a new mystery, you might want to read it, but for me it wasn’t a true thriller. As I read, I wished I had a Laura Lippman book, with fast-paced, clean prose, in my hand. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, where does your book club meet? Do you accept a 30 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Great!!!Your article is very good.
    Read more: Trang chuyên kết quả xsmb siêu nhanh, siêu chuẩn 100%. Ngoài ra để nhận cặp số may mắn free bạn có thể truy cập tại xo so mien bac trực tuyến hôm nay.

    Great review! I think the same! :) Ms. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xổ số wap - trung tâm kết quả xo so bac lieu hàng đầu Việt Nam , tại website của chúng tôi các bạn không chỉ xem được kết quả xsag trực tiếp mà các bạn còn có thể xem được chi tiết kết quả xổ số từng tỉnh thành trên cả nước như: , xổ số bình dương , xổ số khánh hòa xstg xổ số tây ninh, xổ số đà nẵng, ......

    ReplyDelete